Are you planning your dream trip to Valencia and wondering where to stay to enjoy our gorgeous beaches? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
I’m a lucky resident of the beautiful city of Valencia, and I can’t wait to share with you some of my favorite seaside spots around town and places to where to stay in Valencia.
In this article, I’ll be your personal tour guide, taking you through the best areas to stay near the beach in Valencia. From luxury resorts to budget-friendly hostels, from vibrant city districts to tranquil seaside towns, we’ve got it all.
Dive in, and let’s explore the sunny side of Valencia together!
Best areas to stay in Valencia near the beach
Let’s start our Valencian adventure with a real gem: El Cabanyal, a vibrant, seaside district that truly embodies the spirit of Valencia.
Known for its beautifully tiled houses and narrow streets, El Cabanyal sits right next to the city’s iconic Malvarrosa and Las Arenas beaches, where you can soak up the Spanish sun and surf to your heart’s content.
This historically rich area is a must-visit spot for those who appreciate culture as much as they love the sea breeze. Fancy a trip to the local market or a peek into Valencia’s unique maritime history? El Cabanyal has got you covered.
As the sun sets, the area comes alive with a vibrant nightlife, home to some of the city’s best bars and restaurants where you can savor local delicacies.
Now, El Cabanyal is undeniably charming, but it’s worth noting that it can get a bit noisy in some of the main areas, especially during the peak summer months. If you’re someone who needs absolute tranquility, this may not be the ideal choice for you.
- Best luxury hotel: Las Arenas Balneario Resort – Steeped in history, this resort is just steps away from the beach and offers breathtaking sea views, sumptuous cuisine, and a world-class spa to pamper yourself.
- Best mid-range accommodation: Reinapart Valencia Beach – A stone’s throw away from the beach, these modern apartments offer all the comforts of home with the added bonus of a stellar location.
- Best budget accommodation: Hotel Miramar – Known for its friendly staff and comfortable rooms, this hotel is a fantastic budget option that doesn’t compromise on proximity to the beach.
Next on my list of recommended areas to stay in Valencia near the beach is Patacona Beach, a laid-back slice of coastal paradise with an incredible beach vibe.
With its wide, sandy beach, Patacona is a favorite among both locals and tourists alike, providing the perfect setting for leisurely sunbathing, beach sports, or just enjoying a good book with the sound of the waves in the background.
Beyond the beach, Patacona is also home to some fantastic eateries. From fresh seafood restaurants to trendy beach bars, this area is sure to satisfy your gastronomical desires.
Moreover, it’s just a short hop from the city center, making it a convenient base for exploring Valencia.
But, keep in mind, Patacona might not be the best fit if you’re looking for a bustling nightlife. The area is more chilled out and quiet, especially when compared to areas like El Cabanyal.
- Best luxury accommodation: ApartUP Patacona Deluxe – While it might not scream 5-star luxury, these spacious beachfront apartments offer spectacular views and plenty of room for you and your travel companions to stretch out.
- Best mid-range accommodation: Resa Patacona – A stylish hotel offering comfortable rooms and a lovely pool area, Resa Patacona is perfect for those who want a blend of beach and city life.
- Best budget accommodation: Banana Beach Patacona – Offering great value for money, these apartments are just a short stroll from the beach and come with all the necessary amenities for a comfortable stay.
Moving on, we land at Poblats Maritims, an area filled to the brim with Valencia’s rich maritime heritage. This district, made up of traditional fishing villages, is sure to win your heart with its enchanting blend of old-world charm and modern conveniences, all within a stone’s throw from some of Valencia’s finest beaches.
Poblats Maritims boasts a lively atmosphere with a mix of traditional and trendy restaurants, cozy cafés, and vibrant street life, perfect for the urban explorers among you.
And hey, don’t miss the captivating Marina of Valencia, where you can marvel at stunning yachts, dine at waterfront restaurants, or simply enjoy a leisurely walk along the dock.
Just a little heads up though, Poblats Maritims is a tad removed from Valencia’s historical city center, so if you’re keen on having all the main attractions right on your doorstep, this might not be your first choice.
- Best luxury accommodation: Travel Habitat Port Valencia – With its modern design and stunning views of the port, this accommodation offers a luxury stay that puts you right in the heart of the district’s action.
- Best mid-range accommodation: Sweet Mediterranean Suites – These well-appointed suites provide comfort and convenience, making them an excellent choice for those looking to explore the district and beyond.
- Best budget accommodation: Urban Youth Hostel – A modern and eco-friendly hostel, perfect for backpackers and solo travelers who want to make the most of their trip without breaking the bank.
While slightly further out, you should definitely consider staying in El Saler if you’re here to chill out.
Renowned for its natural beauty, this seaside village sits amidst the Albufera Natural Park, boasting one of Valencia’s most beautiful beaches. It’s a paradise for nature enthusiasts and beach lovers alike.
El Saler is the perfect escape from city life where you can enjoy long walks on the sandy beaches, indulge in traditional paella at local restaurants, or explore the stunning Albufera lagoon.
However, do bear in mind that the area is quite remote. If you want to be in the thick of Valencia’s nightlife or shopping scene, this may not be the spot for you.
- Best luxury hotel: Parador de El Saler – Nestled in the heart of the Albufera Natural Park, this luxury hotel in Valencia offers an unbeatable combination of luxury, comfort, and breathtaking views of the Mediterranean. And if you fancy a round of golf, the course here has you covered with that too!
- Best mid-range accommodation: Broadway es Mar – Offering fantastic sea views and cozy comfort, this accommodation adds a special touch to your stay in El Saler.
- Best budget accommodation: Hostal Andrés – A simple and comfortable option that offers easy access to the beach and natural park, perfect for travelers on a budget.
Next up, we’ve got the beautiful Port Saplaya, often dubbed as the ‘Little Venice’ of Valencia. With its colorful houses, charming canals, and tranquil beaches, this neighborhood is a picturesque escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Port Saplaya is an ideal place to relax, offering you the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the leisurely Spanish pace of life. Here, you can enjoy a lazy afternoon at the beach, explore the local shops, or take a boat ride through the canals. It’s like stepping into a postcard!
However, be aware that public transport connections to central Valencia are somewhat limited, which might pose an issue if you’re planning a lot of sightseeing in the city center.
- Top pick: Apartamento PortSaplaya – These apartments provide you with all the comforts of home while giving you front-row seats to the breathtaking views of the Port Saplaya harbor.
- Great choice: Cozy Apartment on the Sea – True to its name, this apartment offers a cozy and comfortable stay right next to the sea, perfect for a relaxing getaway.
You may also be interested in: 15 Best Family Hotels in Valencia (2023) – From a Local!
Last but certainly not least, Alboraya is a traditional Valencian town that’s famously known as the birthplace of ‘Horchata’, a sweet, milky beverage made from tigernuts. Located just a few kilometers north of Valencia, Alboraya offers a peaceful respite from the city’s hustle, yet it is well connected to the city and the beach.
Alboraya’s stunning landscape of lush, green fields and its quaint town charm make it a delightful destination. Whether you’re looking for an authentic cultural experience or just some chill beach time, Alboraya is a great place to base yourself.
It’s worth noting that if you’re keen on staying in the heart of a bustling city, Alboraya might feel a bit too tranquil. But for those wanting to get away from it all while having the beach at your doorstep, Alboraya could be your place.
- Top pick: Hotel Olympia Valencia – This contemporary hotel offers an excellent range of amenities, including a spa, and is a great value choice for visitors looking to enjoy both the beach and the city.
Is it Better to Stay in the City or Beach in Valencia?
Ahh, the age-old question! City or beach? Well, this largely depends on what you’re looking to get out of your Valencia visit.
Notably, the city center, with its stunning architecture, lively squares, and vibrant nightlife, offers a true taste of the historic and cultural side of Valencia. Plus, it’s well-connected, making it easy to get to the beach from there, as well as explore other parts of the region.
However, if you’re dreaming of lazy days basking in the sun, hearing the soothing sounds of waves crashing, and diving into the refreshing Mediterranean Sea, then a beach location could be your slice of paradise.
The best part? Valencia’s seaside neighborhoods are still full of local charm and are just a short journey away from the city center. So, why not have your paella and eat it too?
How Far is the Beach from the City Center in Valencia?
Valencia has the enviable position of being a city right next to the beach. Imagine, just about 20 minutes away from the historic city center, you’ll find yourself stepping onto golden sands and looking out into the vast, blue Mediterranean.
Whether by bus, tram, bike, or a quick taxi ride, you can easily transition from soaking in culture to soaking in the sun!
Can You Walk from Valencia City Center to the Beach?
You absolutely can walk from Valencia’s city center to the beach! The journey is around 5 kilometers and can take you about an hour, depending on your pace. It’s a lovely walk, especially if you take the Turia River Gardens route, Valencia’s beautiful green lung that stretches across the city.
But remember, Valencia’s sun can be strong, so don’t forget your hat and water!
What is the Closest Beach to the Old Town of Valencia?
The closest beach to the Old Town of Valencia is the Playa de las Arenas. Known for its wide sandy shores and beautiful promenade lined with palm trees, Playa de las Arenas is a local favorite.
From the Old Town, it’s just a quick tram ride or a leisurely bike ride away. So, pack your beach bag, grab some sunscreen, and before you know it, you’ll be feeling the sand between your toes!